Good Student And Clean Record
- We require our teachers to have had a GPA of at least 2.5 to qualify for the Trek to Teach program.
You must have been a good student to be a good teacher… although this statement is not an absolute certainty, it holds truth the majority of the time. We believe that it is important for an education to be well-rounded and not solely be received from a text book. Grades are, nonetheless, a very necessary depiction of how a student prioritizes school and problem solves their possible difficulties with studying.
If you have been out of school for more than 5 years, grades are not necessary for approval.
- Trek to Teach will perform a background check to make sure Trek to Teach-ers do not have any disqualifying legal issues like a felony conviction.
Anyone with a disqualifying legal issue will have to file a waiver. Trek to Teach-ers benefit most when communicating openly with our staff about criminal records and not trying to hide anything.
- A successful teaching experience
- Katie arrives at her school in Tolka
- Katie Robertson's Fundraising Page
- Trek To Teach Has Become An NGO